Peddie School Mission, Philosophy and Values
The Peddie community commits itself to the intellectual, social and moral growth of our students. Remarkable for the range of their talents, abilities, interests, and backgrounds, our students distinguish themselves through their excitement, curiosity, and character. They help make Peddie an open, dynamic community where a passion for learning thrives. With respect, enthusiasm, humor, and patience, we challenge our students to reach for levels of achievement that they have not attempted before and encourage them to measure the success of their efforts by the progress they make. Ultimately, we seek not only to provide our students with vigorous preparation for college but also to inspire them to thrive for the highest quality of citizenship.
The Peddie community believes in the dignity and worth of all individuals. We believe all students possess unique and valuable qualities which, when developed, will enable them to be thoughtful and constructive members of society. Personal growth occurs through participation in a vartiety of academic, athletic, artistic and community programs, and in the relationships students form with peers and adults in a residential school. We believe that through involvement in all areas of Peddie life, students gain an appreciation for learning and critical thinking, a means of clarifying ideals and values, the ability to make responsible decisions, and a sense of pride in themselves and their community.
The Peddie community recognizes that the path toward a fulfilling and happy life requires the steady practice of enduring values:
- RESPECT ~ appreciation of and esteem of oneself, for others, and for the diversity of opinions and backgrounds at Peddie and in the larger community.
- HONESTY ~ a high regard for truth, sincerity in action, and genuine concern for honor and integrity.
- SCHOLARSHIP ~ intellectual curiosity, active engagement in learning, and a foundation in the academic disciplines.
- BALANCE ~ time for work and play, a mix of mastery and experiment, and attention to mind, body, and spirit.
- COURAGE ~ the quality that enables students to explore new ideas, to create imaginative solutions, to give and accept help, to make difficult decisions, and grow into confident, compassionate adults.
link to Algebra 2 Honors page
link to AP Statistics Homepage